bk visual reponse links


I chose this animation because I like the way it has been put together. All of the images have been hand drawn. I think they way this animation has been composed flows really nicely. I really like the simplicity of the drawings and they way they have been made to move across the page, the limited colors make the animations stand out and gives it a more dramatic feel. The way the sky has been put together is also really nice. the way the clouds go across the sky and the way the light changes within it. I would like to use these techniques in my own work, especially making my own response on the sky will be really nice. The trees they were once were good men. I would like to use this poem as one of my responses because I like the different speed that this one is shown at. the first one tells a story, however I feel this one is more of a statement. I like the switching really quickly though the different color trees to make it look like they are flashing. This animation is more colorful and busy, I think it is a bit distracting from the meaning of the poem but I think it still works really well. I also really like the textures that have been used, the background always has a really textured detailed background but at the same time its subtle. in my own work I would like to experiment with using different materials to create texture, I would also like to use more colors and make the animation speed up and down.