RR Basement Animation



To create this animation I started by drawing the whole thing and then scanning it into my computer. Once opened on photoshop I started to rub out a small bit of the drawing and saving it after each time. This is what creates the look of it being drawn in front of you. Although it was a very long process, consisting of over 500 frames, I found the end product very satisfying. I added the colour at the end as I thought that the animation looked quite plain. This was done by scanning in the page again once I had added water colour, and fading it in by adjusting the opacity slightly each slide. Although the final 'B' looks nice in by book, I don't think I needed to change from each different colour version at the end.


Alternative ending. This animation is the same as the previous one, apart from this time I de-ducted the extra colour version from the end and just left the block colous fading in. I also added a few extra seconds at the end so you could actually see the colours for a while rather than the video finishing there and then. In my opinion this version works better than the previous one.


For my final development of this animation, I added a song in the back ground. It links in with the animation as Basement are a band and the song playing is one of theirs, Covet. I really liked the way that the drawing of the animation almost moves in time with the music at some points. The idea of adding the song was so that the animation could be viewed as an advert or promotion for the bands new song/album.