Trial Volcano Animation





I am very proud of this animation as a trial as it is the first hand drawn animation I have ever created. I like the comical factor it possesses and how the volcano itself compresses and decompresses. My favourite quality of this animation is how it loops, this is done by the volcano shifting to the left so it appears as though another volcano has taken its place. I feel this adds a complexity and is more effective than a loop that would return to the same volcano. The spewing lava that gradually spills over the sides is drawn accurately in each frame, resulting in flow from start to finish. The quality that this animation obviously lacks is colour. It is something that I will certainly include in my final piece however future trials may also be colourless in order to divide my time accordingly between creating and producing.