Smile for London - Scroobius Pip Typography Animation



I chose this typography style animation for poetry as although it is short, the boldness of the text and the definition in it makes it really stand out and the effects on it that cause typography to easily link to the next part are really clever.

I think the use of illustration mixed in with typography is really smooth and each part easily merges together.  I really like the use of the lines that link through to each part.  This shows a really simple way of bringing new things into the animation by using direction of either the text or the shape of the illustration and starting a new image from the end of the previous one.

I want to use this technique in my work as I think it looks more professional by joining each of the individual parts up rather than just skipping to the next image.  I also think the use of a base font for all of it and then picking out certain words to alter the style is a really good idea as it adds emphasis to these words and you can tell how the poem fits into it.